• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Fuel Pressure Gauge PA-28-181 O-360

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
So I have a 1984 Archer and the fuel pressure gauge since I bought it is almost useless, in that even at full power it barely shows indication. I took this photo at cruise it shows something, see photo, but it’s barely registering. I know during cruise we were consuming about 5GPH. I’m building time so I set power at 76KT which was about 2050rpm leaned out.

When I turn off the fuel pump it reduces slightly to almost nothing. This isn’t a new issue I’ve about 150 hours on the plane and it’s like this since I got it.

I told my A&P and he just shrugged his shoulders and was like “these old archers are all like this”

Not sure I want to believe that so I thought I’d throw it out to the rest of the group. Even on run up at 2000rpm while it comes up, it’s only to about this same level. So it can’t be accurate, it’s more like a binary “you have fuel” or you “don’t” meter as is

IMG_4644.jpeg

Latest posts

Back