• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Intro and refurb story of my 1964 PA28-180B aka 95Whiskey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I’ve been a member for a short while and wanted to share my PA28-180B (N7595W) refurbishment we’ve been doing over the last year. I’ve had this plane for 25 years, and it's been an unbelievable experience owning and sharing it with family and friends.

After 60 years of great service, we finally concluded that the Cam was worn enough to warrant an overhaul. TT 1647 (yes it’s really that low) at 1200 hrs we put new Lycoming Jugs on and ran it another 400 hours with no issues.

I pulled the engine and took it to Kline Aviation in my home state of MI for an overhaul. All went well with them, and they completed the overhaul in a decent amount of time. The 400-hour Jugs were very serviceable still, and new valves, guides, pistons, etc., were all it took to bring them up to spec. There were no big surprises, and we got the installation started over this past winter. Added a Surefly Mag after reading about them on this group.

In the downtime, I took on the task of refurbing just about everything I could from the interior (also added shoulder harnesses) and from the firewall forward. The engine mount, front strut, prop, all the lines, wiring, and just about everything was replaced or repaired to like new (or better) condition. I restored all the engine baffles, cowling, nose piece, spinner, and front-wheel pant at home via tig welding and fiberglass repair. Afterward, I had a custom paint shop repaint everything in its original colors for me and powder-coated the rest.

We also installed a full JPI EDM900 Primary system as part of this overhaul.

As of this writing, we are putting the finishing touches on 95 Whiskey and will be firing it up in the next week or so…... We will update on how she runs😎

pic of me and plane.jpg
20230825_111141.jpg

20230916_111520.jpg
20231209_120226.jpg
20240608_124905.jpg
20240608_124928.jpg

20240611_134359.jpg

Latest posts

Back