• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Garmin Aviation database manager issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I updated my Garmin Aviation Database Manager over the weekend and then attempted to update. The Program would no longer launch!

The new update from Garmin lacked some java script files thus causing the program not to launch. If you have a newer version of Windows 10 or running 11, your fine. Which specific version or update I don't know.

If your running an older version of 10, you will have to download one or two files, see below

The other option is to NOT update the database manger with the latest update.

Here is the email and links:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Garmin International.

1st: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

2nd: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Best Regards,

Summer

Garmin Aviation Support

For 24-hour access to support articles and videos, visit the Aviation Support Center.

Mon - Fri 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. CT. Closed US. Holidays.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back