• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Wife having trouble entering and exiting from Cherokee..Help? Tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computerdoc

Reaction score
We were about to buy a Cherokee 180… we were both very enthused about it. Did all our homework and due diligence..
It appears per the A&Ps that know it well to be a 10 our of 10 condition. Price is good

Today when she climbed into the plane for the first time, she found it a bit daunting. She’s not athletic and a carries about 25 pounds more than she wishes.
In fact, she did get out without IMO much difficulty…. Was nervous about it…. Her exit technique included, sliding down the step on designated area on her butt… which works
perfectly well.
errr.gif

But to my great disappointment, she’s having second thoughts about us getting this plane.
So I’d like to hear some tips on entrance and exit technique… particularly from someone who at one time might’ve found it a little daunting but I’m fine with it now. Or maybe even a video

Latest posts

Back