• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Whelen Tail Beacon troubleshooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semerson

Reaction score
I recently had to remove the top cap fairing of my vert stab to replace the VOR antennae. In doing so, I disconnected the Tail Beacon light. When I wired it back in, it did not work. Ended up replacing the bulb and tested it. It came on, however, it stays on constantly and does not flash. Anyone have any recommendations on what could be causing this? Unfortunately I am not sure which model Whelen it is but it is from my 1963 Cherokee 235 and I believe that it is original but not confidant in that. The light bulb fixture is the model with two simple pins that come out of the bottom and slide into two posts from the base.

Thnks

Attachments

• strobe bulb.jpg
    strobe bulb.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back