• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Panel Upgrade Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am scheduled to get a panel upgrade in my Archer II to get a certified GPS navigation installed. I plan on removing vacuum pump and installing 2-GI 375's which should also work with my Autocontrol IIIb autopilot. Audio panel will be PA Engineering PAR200b which will also be one comm. GPS and transponder will be Garmin GNX 375. I plan on keeping my McCoy MAC 1700 for nav/comm since I currently have two on the panel now. Will move the existing Aera 660 to the right of the stack and it will now be able to communicate with the audio panel and GPS. Anybody else have a similar set up and can provide any feedback on what I may be missing or may wish that I should have done? I looked at upgrading nav/com but for the additional cost I thought I would stay with the MAC since I am already pushing $40K. If one MAC fails I could slide the other in to replace it. It'd be nice to have the 375 or 660 push frequencies to the radio and have frequency identifier but I don't think it is worth the extra cost. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back