• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Panel upgrade list...what should I get done first?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callegro

Reaction score
Just completed the annual on my Cherokee 180D. It was a basic annual, the only upgrade that I had done was to install new LED nav/strobes, also a new LED landing light to make my plane all LED. Now I want to focus on the panel, before the annual was happening, I had a talk with an avionics shop in Socal about what I want to do, how I am on a budget, and what I should get done first on my list. Here is my list, and I would like your guys' input.

1. New glare shield with LED strip lighting.
Piper owners know that the interior lighting isn't that great and I do a lot of night flying. My glare shield now is slightly warped and has is just thrashed.

2. Nulites on the 6 pack and on the RPM gauge.
Part of the panel lighting project.

3. Add post lights or something similar to the center gauges (oil press, oil temp, fuel quantity, etc)

4. ADS-B solution.
I figure to do it sooner rather than later, kinda leaning toward the Freeflight Rangr.

5. Panel mount for my Garmin Aera 500.
Would like to eliminate everything on the glare shield such as the GPS and bluetooth. Not really a fan of mounting the GPS to the yoke.

6. New rocker switches.
Lettering is rubbing off and barely visible.

7. PTT on copilots yoke

8. Lastly, a powder coated aluminum panel overlay....if the prices aren't through the roof.

Attached is a pic of my panel. Let me know if you guys think I should add anything. Also, if you know of any other good avionics shops in southern California.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-03%20at%2010.47.47%20PM.png

Latest posts

Back