• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

need Twin Comanche opinion: STOL vs c/r?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[note: I've also posted this question over on the Comanche Flyers forum - please forgive the duplication, but I'm new enough to these communities that I don't know how disjoint or overlapping they are.]

Hi all,

This has undoubtedly been beaten to death with religious fervor, but I can't find any discussion in the archives or on the internet, so please forgive me for (re)opening a can of worms.

I'm in the market for a Twin Comanche and am trying to identify what features are most important to me. I'd like to be able to operate comfortably out of shorter fields (e.g. 2400'), and the two most common features that appear to affect that ability are the STOL kit and c/r props. Planes out there seem to have either one or the other but not both, so my question is: if you had to choose between the two, which would you take, and why?

(The other relevant mod would be the Miller 200 conversion, but those appear both scarce and pricey.)

Many thanks in advance for your opinions,
-David Pablo Cohn

Latest posts

Back