• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

N-number change procedure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey

Farmer Joe
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recent friendly direction and a “counsel” call from our local FSDO has prompted me to encourage any who have an N-number change to follow through and complete the process by obtaining a new matching Airworthiness Certificate.
After changing the N-numbers on our Turbo Arrow and more recently our Citabria it was brought to my attention by the FAA while applying for a banner tow waiver that my new registration and AWC did not match. I filed the Form 8050-64 at the time of number change but did not complete the process by making application for the new AWC which is a step that I’ve discovered is not monitored until there is a reason for the FAA to look at your paperwork for some other reason.
Glad they brought it to my attention and now that I finally figured out how to get through the AWC portal and make the application the new AWC is sent right out and all is well.
Also AI’s, make sure these docs match at each annual inspection. I’ve since discovered that this is quite commonly not checked at annual time.
Easy quick check but an important step to make sure our birds’ AROW docs are in good order.

Latest posts

Back