• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

I've had it with iPad overheats in Arizona - keeping my Aera 660

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nothing but a bit of a rant,, but I have tried everything from MyGo Flight Cooling cases, to keeping the iPad in the shade of my Cherokee 180 when not in use, but nothing as worked to keep the iPad from overheating, fading in and out, and a causing problems for me. I have used both Garmin Pilot and ForeFlight and wanted to like them as they have some great functionality, but nothing to date can beat my Aera 660 - the thing is bright, bulletproof and when connected to the GDL-50, works like a champ.

Maybe if I was in a cooler place I could use an iPad, but I am not. I have to train like I fly, so I won't be relying on the iPad other than for pre-flight planning and filing flight plans.

Latest posts

Back