• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Flying lessons will be on hold.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double D

Reaction score
I went to the doctor yesterday and he said that my left knee must be replaced now. It is bone on bone. That will be done June 12. The right knee can get a little more mileage with cortisone injections. I'm hoping to get at least one more year out of the right knee so maybe I can get my PPL.

I'm thinking three months to recuperate from the first surgery and nine months to get my PPL. I'm retired so I have the time to do it. Do you think nine months is to ambitious or unattainable ? Not looking for predictions just some thoughts.

Latest posts

Back