• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Ashby vs Knots 2 U glare shield PA28R200

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those who have replaced their glareshield. I picked up a Knots 2 u and it's really nice. However, I didn't install yet. It will need a lot of trimming thereby making its return voided. Not sure how that final version would turn out. I like the padding and feel of the material used. Although, It seems a bit flimsy. The Ashby looks solid but without padding since it's fiberglass, it too must be trimmed to fit. I have seen the other threads but none seem current. The installed glareshield to be replaced is the large padded eyebrow version with multiple fasteners attached to the instrument panel. There are 3 vents, I believe there should be only 2 for the 1975 Arrow 2. The 1977 Arrow 3 shows 3 vents and a hump, so that is an issue too. I will have to modify it to fit either replacement.

Does anyone have feedback and user experience with either? Regardless, I will remove the windshield to make the installation/trimming easier.

Latest posts

Back