• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Ammeter issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I ask the owners of Piper PA-32RT planes to respond

I got issued with standard ammeter which is installed in left cluster

The issue history:
Airplane comes to maintenance organization with disconnected from standard ammeter (P/N 440485) wires
Wires were connected to ammeter. During the taxiing of the plane, smoke was noticed in the cabin, the cause of which was the burning of thin wires with which the ammeter was connected.

As it was determined later, the aircraft was modified according to AD 811 and SB 811A (ammeter with dot, which means that it was calibrated)

To clarify the situation, please let me know what P/N of ammeter you have installed in your Piper PA-32

AD said that Ammeter Piper P/N 687-277 must be installed,
but what the part number of this ammeter manufactured by Stewart-Warner or Rochester is?
This particular part number is indicated on the back wall of the ammeter, not Pipers one.

I doubt that the standard ammeter which is installed in airplane (P/N 440485) is correct one.

AVDB

Attachments

• Ammeter.jpeg
    Ammeter.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Piper dwg 88046.jpg
    Piper dwg 88046.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back