• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Alcor single EGT gauge reading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a general operating question for those of you in Cherokee a 140/160/180 using a single EGT gauge like the Alcor pictured. Where do you usually see the indications during different phases of flight? What would be an indication that would make you uncomfortable? My training on this years ago was simply about leaning to peak, then richening during cruise. After reading quite a few posts about CHT, EGT and leaning, I'd like to know more about it.
The gauge appears be calibrated at 1200 to 1700 per factory material. Mine has no other markings or indications.

Attachments

• 46150.jpg
    46150.jpg
    63.7 KB

Latest posts

Back