• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

TIO-540-S1AD Overhaul Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My partner and I would like to overhaul the engine in our PA-32-301T. It is a Lycoming TIO-540-S1AD with a over 2100 hours since overhaul on it (1800hrs TBO), last overhauled by Western Skyways in 2012. It continues to fly well, but flying over the sierras and in IMC, I'd like to reset the clock and break in some new cylinders.

I would have had it overhauled 2 years and 200 hours ago when I bought the plane and had some cheap financing, but as much as I have tried, no one seems to be able to get new cylinders from Lycoming for this engine.

1. Has anyone overhauled a TIO-540 in the past 2 years?
2. Any recommendations on TIO-540 cylinders besides factory new?
3. Any recommendations on overhaul shops recently for a TIO-540? The plane is based in CA, but I'm expecting to put the engine in a crate and ship it to the right shop.

Latest posts

Back