• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Stall System Flasher Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patbarry

Twin Comanche owner, IA, Avidyne dealer
Reaction score
I'm working on a Piper Comanche 260B, and I determined that the flasher for the retractable landing gear is faulty.
I verified that the stall vane completes the circuit, and I bypassed the flasher to the panel light and it lit so the bulb is good.
We changed the resistor on the flasher but then tested the old one and it was good, and the new one is good, so this isolates the flasher itself.
So, I need to replace the flasher and Piper does not support that part.
We have many bright IAs on this site --- can anyone say what they use or recommend to replace the Piper 60 year old flasher? A replacement could be signed off as a minor alteration so that is in the back of my mind but let's see if anyone has dealt with this before.

Pat

Latest posts

Back