• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Sat Phones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Group,

I'm starting to think about getting a sat phone. Every once in a while, I need to call for a clearance or to close a flight plan with no cell service. Also, it would be really convenient to send a quick text message to ground folks while enroute if there were delays or the destination changes. Anyway, my dilemma is that I'd likely use it 60 minutes and 100 text messages a year. So far, I can't find a plan that works like that. They're all $$ per month for way more service than I'll likely use. Does anybody know of a true pay per use plan? I'm happy paying a high per minute and per message rate given my expected low usage. If I end up using it more than I expect to, I can always upgrade to one of those monthly plans mentioned above.

--Randy

Latest posts

Back