• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Replacing MX 170B - 180D Center Panel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Aircraft is '68 180D. Had MX 170B that I did not purchase with the plane. Thinking about adding GNS 530 or 530W with it's larger screen but not sure it will fit. Top slot is GMA 340, middle slot is 430W. I looked up the specs of the trays in the 340/430/530 installations manuals and I'm not sure if I have the needed height after removing the spacer (below MX 170) and MX 170 tray, but it's CLOSE. Not sure the gap between the top/middle trays can be closed up any to give a skosh more room. Curious if anyone has done this setup in a 180D?
A GTN 650 (slightly larger screen area than 430W) would fit but I've seen negative comments regarding mixing user interface design...
Thanks for the comments.

Attachments

• 06J Pnl in Flt.jpg
    06J Pnl in Flt.jpg
    118 KB
  • 06J Inst Ctr.jpg
    06J Inst Ctr.jpg
    71.2 KB

Latest posts

Back