• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

New Fuel Selector Valve (6S122) Position Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a '67 140, original fuel selector valve with the flat metal cover (called Gen 1 from what I've read). I have ordered all the parts to replace this with a new Allen selector P/N 6S122. I have the new plastic fuel selector valve handle with the metal insert, a new plastic cover, and the fuel selector cover mounting plate. I am referencing SB 840A, SB 1309A, SL 1273A, and SB 355.

I have attached a photo of my current fuel selector valve from which it is clear to see how to replace it with the new one - fuel line coming into the left is from left tank, right from right tank, and bottom is to engine. P/N 6S122 has the same two mounting screw holes and, when installed, would have the same left/right/bottom openings. Totally makes sense.

My question is this. When I put the new fuel selector valve handle (big red one with white line that can only be installed one way) on the new fuel selector valve (6S122) and look at the holes that open/close based on the position of the fuel selector, the fuel selector valve handle is pointing up when the right and bottom holes are open and pointing right when the left and bottom holes are open, which makes no sense.

I must be missing something... Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1192.jpeg
    IMG_1192.jpeg
    519.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back