• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

NAV Radio Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Is there somewhere in a typical system that a single point of failure could occur behind the panel for both CDI's? Just noticed following the CGR-30P install (after having the NAV/COM2 out of the panel) that I'm not getting any information to either CDI. I can turn on the NAV1 radio, tune it to a local VOR, hear the morse code ID, but the #1 CDI seems to wander like it's looking for something. With the NAV2, if I turn it on, I hear nothing and see no movement at all in the CDI. I can transmit and receive just fine on both COM radios. This just happened, so I'm trying to go through mentally and see if I can backtrack to where something might have happened during the CGR install. Simple set up, #1 NAV/COM is a MX-170B coupled to a KI-214 and the #2 NAV/COM is a KX-170b coupled to a KI-201. Do the radios wire directly into the CDIs or is there usually something in between?

Either way, it's going back into the shop tomorrow to try and get it sorted out. Just curious if there's something I might have missed.

Latest posts

Back