• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Gear issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently after a touch and go, my Arrow III gear didn't come up. Cycled a couple times and nothing. Then a few minutes later it just went up.
At the destination, the gear didn't want to come down. Cycled a few times, then wiggled the tail and they all came down.
All 3 gear did the same thing, so I assumed it must've been something with the switch or wiring, etc.

Shop says it "appears to be" the pump. They can hear it running, so seems to be "bypassing internally".
Looking for some advice before I drop a lot of cash on this... does this sound like an accurate diagnosis? Or could it be a weak motor? (I'm assuming the motor can be purchased separately?)
Is there anything internal the shop should be able to check/replace, or is this just a full pump replacement at this point? Perhaps check valves, filters, etc?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back