• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Aztec Engine Mount Cracked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well found our RH side engine mount has a cracked lower tube. I imagine it is from repeated shutdown/starts on the right engine as this is used for training. Any other thoughts. I noticed it was not as smooth on the last flight so investigated.

Question...I haven't looked at the IPC yet, but can a newer xbraced mount be used in place of the single diagonal tube mount that we just cracked?

FYI...the diagonal tube cracked right during our ground run investigating. After pulling the engine we found the LWR inboard rear cluster had a crack that was very hard to see as well.

Having my aviation welder come take a look, however I am pretty sure a sleeve repair will not work as it broke too close to the cluster.

Anyone else feeling my pain? Suggestions?

Latest posts

Back