• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Absolutely the most fantastic ATC request and PIREP all in one ever heard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was enroute from Marriana, Florida to Orlando, Florida and between 7500 and below the intermittent turbulence was getting pretty rough with the day time heating. Here is what transpired:

Female pilot: callisign to Orlando approach.
Orlando Approach: calling this is Orlando, go ahead.
Female Pilot: Can we request an altitude change and try 5000, we are getting our tit's bounced around pretty good up here.
Orlando approach: (Giggling) Callsign, altitude request of 5000 approved.

My wife looked at me and said "did she just say what I thought I heard". I laughed and told her she heard it correctly. It was really comical at the time and broke up the moment while also fighting the updrafts and turbulence.

Latest posts

Back